How to Get to Bucharest?
Bucharest is connected with numerous capitals from all over the world and with the largest cities in Romania through Henri Coandă International Airport.
Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Internațional Henri Coandă București) (IATA: OTP, ICAO: LROP) is Romania's busiest international airport, and it is located in Otopeni, 16.5 km (10.3 mi) north of Bucharest's city center.
The airport is named after Romanian flight pioneer Henri Coandă, builder of Coandă-1910 aircraft and discoverer of the Coandă effect of fluidics.
For more information, please visit www.bucharestairports.ro
Transportation from the Airport
- Express bus services, 783 or 780, leave every 15 minutes for the city centre and main railway station respectively.
- Touch screen terminals for taxi requests are available for customers who want to order taxi from a certain company.
- Additionally, as of June 15, 2016, licensed taxis without prior request, with fares of up to up 1.40 lei/km, will be available for passengers arriving at Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport. These cars are situated in a taxi station located at the exit of the terminal and take passengers in order of arrival.
- Each of the taxi stations - taxi with a maximum fare of 1.40 lei/km, for taxi on request and for other taxis - are clearly signposted.
- TransVision (airport-transfer-bucharest.com) and VMS City Shuttle (cityshuttle.ro). Both companies offer a comfortable, reliable airport transfer service at decent prices. BlackCab is a good alternative for premium travel services at conventional taxi rates. For the airport the cost is 10 RON to go and 16 RON for pickup and 1.39RON/each km.